There are many circumstances under which you should contact a Workers’ Compensation Attorney and where hiring an attorney will be of a significant benefit. Another important consideration in hiring an attorney is dealing with the problems of interacting with your employer’s worker compensation carrier.
You should hire a Workers’ Compensation attorney if:
- You feel you medical care or treatment is inadequate.
- Your Workers’ Compensation Claim has been denied.
- You are afraid that you will lose your job if filing a Workers’ Compensation Claim.
- Your injury is the product of cumulative trauma.
- Stress-related injuries are almost always denied so you might need a lawyer in that case.
You should be careful to watch the statute of limitations that begins on the first day that you take off work for the injury sustained.